*For GEO Blog Updates, scroll down below!*
Weaving the Fabric of Solidarity Economies: Examples from across the Americas
The theme for this issue is inter-cooperation - between cooperatives and between cooperatives and other institutions.
Cooperative Economies & Economic Struggle in Latin America
- Working Together to Achieve Economic Success: Argentine printing cooperatives transform social networks into economic ones by Traci Kuratomi, Fulbright Fellow in Argentina
- Cooperation Across Borders: El Salvador's Las Colinas is Hosted by a New England Food Co-op by Len Krimerman, GEO collective member
- A Poor American in Cuba by Sonia Pichardo, GEO collective member
Intercooperation in the U.S.
- Mondragon and the US Steelworkers Partnership: an Update by Christina Clamp, GEO collective member
- Engaging and Encouraging Future Cooperators through Education by Anastasia Wilson and Mark Paul, majoring in Economics at the University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass)
- Abolish Human Rentals: Inalienable Rights Revived by Mike Lueng, www.AbolishHumanRentals.org
Calls to Action
- The Third International Encuentro: THE WORKERS' ECONOMY - Analyzing & Debating a New Economy from the Perspective of Workers & Self-management a conference to be convened in June 2011 in Mexico City
GEO 6, vol. 2 - December, 2010
Photo courtesy of Equal Exchange
Permanent link to this article: http://geo.coop/node/594