The "We Can Do It! Women's Cooperative"(Si Se Puede!) was incubated and launched in August of 2006 with the help of The Center for Family Life. The Cooperative currently has 50 members who have worked together to build a successful housecleaning business. All of the members of the coop are considered "Worker Owners" and decisions in the group are made democratically with each owner having an equal vote.
The successful candidate for the position of Customer & Member Service Representative will have:
- A strong interest/background in worker/immigrant rights and the cooperative business model.
- Strong customer service skills (i.e. responding to phone calls, problem solving with clients and coop members).
- Ability to learn quickly and be interested in developing a variety of new skills; be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines; have the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated experience of written and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent Bi-lingual Spanish/English skills, both written and spoken (required).
- Entrepreneurial/Business skills a plus.
Go to the GEO front page