- Policy & Advocacy Member Council – This month, members discussed statewide advocacy initiatives to share experiences and best practices, as well as regional updates. Check out our last Policy Pulse for the latest advocacy updates and register for the next Policy & Advocacy member call on April 7th here.
- Union Co-ops Member Council – This council recently welcomed their new USFWC Board liaison: Denise Hernandez of Cooperative Homecare Associates represented by SEIU 1199. The UCC invites those who want to get involved to join their task forces on membership engagement, local labor outreach and case studies building. Learn more at unioncoops.org and register for their next call on April 8th here.
- Tech Worker Peer Network – At their last meeting, nine workplaces in the Tech Worker Co-op Peer Network had a discussion with a New York Times Tech Guild organizer about their recent successful union campaign democratic workplace practices in tech worker co-ops.
- Build & Design Peer Network – At the last meeting, members posed peer learning questions around: project management systems, scheduling systems for seasonal work, best hiring practices and accounting/bookkeeping. Next, they’ll take monthly meeting space to dig deeper into the issues a specific co-op is facing, starting with Evanston Development Cooperative.
- (NEW!) Bookstore Co-op Peer Network – This new Peer Network is a space for established and prospective cooperative booksellers to support and learn from one another. Worker-owners from Red Emma’s, Rozzie Bound Books and more are helping guide the future of this network!
Add new comment