[Editor's note: While it's too late to attend this series of May Day co-op events, MIT's co-design team is encouraging people to keep organizing them. Upcoming co-op DiscoTechs will be occurring everywhere from Hyderabad, India to Salem, Massachusetts. You can download an organizing manual from the Detroit Digital Justice Coalition here.]
A Co-op DiscoTech (shorthand for a Cooperative Economy Discovering Technology fair) is an event designed for people of all backgrounds and skill levels to learn about how technology can be used to support the growth of the cooperative economy – worker-owned cooperatives, consumer cooperatives, housing cooperatives, and more!
Sounds awesome! How can I participate?
Come to a Co-op DiscoTech near you on May 1st, or organize your own! We’ll be happy to share our approach, link to your event, and otherwise support you.
Where will these Co-op DiscoTechs be happening?
All over the place! So far we have interest from organizers in the following locations:
- Salem, MA. Saturday, May 14th, 2016, 10am-3pm, Salem YMCA, SAYMedia Studio.
- London, United Kingdom. Sunday, May 1st, 2016, 12-4pm, NWSPK HOUSE, 133 Bethnal Green Road, London E2. NWSPK site here. Event etherpad here.
- London, United Kingdom. Saturday, May 21st, 2016, 7-9pm, NWSPK HOUSE, 133 Bethnal Green Road, London E2. Platform Coop event.
- Hyderabad, India (Location TBC)
- Mexico City, Mexico (TBC)
- NYC, NY. Saturday, May 21st, 2016. Thoughtworks. (TBC)
- Seattle, WA (TBC)
- More soon!
Go to the GEO front page