Join us as we celebrate the continued success and journey of Cincinnati Union Co-op Initiative and Union Cooperatives!
Since 2012, CUCI has launched four cooperative initiatives, investigated three others, created 20 jobs and leveraged over $3 million in grants and loans. Some highlights from 2016:
- Our Harvest employed 15 people, served as a practicum site for 20 students, held a memorable event and wrote an inspiring book to celebrate the Bahr Farm’s centennial anniversary
- Sustainergy saved over 100 homeowners, on an average, $600 to $700 per household in utility savings
- Apple Street Market completed a 10-year financial projection that demonstrates its viability and is well on its way to closing the funding gap
- Renting Partnerships, organized as a land trust, supports efforts around the country to share its innovative approach to wealth building for low-income renters
- CUCI launched its manufacturing initiative, which aims to bring Mondragon-style cooperative ownership to the manufacturing sector in Southwest Ohio as a succession strategy for retiring business owners
Go to the GEO front page