After a long hiatus, GEO is back on track! Thanks to our readers for your patience as we've been working on our transition to a web-based publication. After digging into the food-for-thought presented in this issue #2, watch for the upcoming #3 in early spring, focusing on models for the replication of worker-owned cooperatives.
New Co-ops, New Relationships
- Addressing Race and Power In Worker Cooperatives. By Ajowa Nzinga Ifateyo
- From Rangi-Changi to Wabi Sabi: A Community Based Agency's Experience Supporting the Development of a Worker's Cooperative in an Urban Immigrant Community. By the Center for Family Life.
- Co-operating Like We Mean It: The Co-operative Movement in Northern Italy. By Erbin Crowell.
Reports from the National "Democracy At Work" Conference, June 2008
- A Showcase of Cooperatives: Uplifting and Strengthening Our Community in New Orleans, June 20, 2008. By Jessica Gordon-Nembhard.
- A Report from the Post-Conference "Work Week". By Erin Rice and Lisa Stolarski
- An Opportunity Missed? Impressions of a Workshop (Part I). By Len Krimerman