The theme of this issue is worker cooperative replication. It addresses an issue which is central to the growth of the democratic worker cooperative movement. How do we reproduce the success stories we have already achieved? That is, how do we replicate successful worker cooperatives in different locations?
Worker Cooperative Replication
- The Replication of Arizmendi Bakery: A Model of the Democratic Worker Cooperative Movement By Joe Marraffino, Arizmendi Development and Support Cooperative
- Arizmendi's Secret, 12 minute documentary on Don Jose Arizmendiarrieta, Mondragon and the San Francisco Bay Area's Arizmendi bakery cooperatives, by Phil Murphy
- Cooperative Replication at WAGES By Joel Schoening, Shippensburg U.
- Free Geek, a Computer Recycler: Testing the Limits of Reproducing Worker-Managed Enterprises By Jim Johnson, GEO Collective
- Spinning into Control: Inkworks Press spins off Design Action Collective By Innosanto Nagara, Design Action
- A Review of "The Shock Doctrine" by Naomi Klein By Lisa Stolarski
There's a lot going on this year in solidarity economics - be sure to check out our updated calendar of events.