GEO 10 - OCCUPY! CONNECT! CREATE! - Imagining Life Beyond "The Economy"
This text is part theory, part strategy and part call-to-action for the immediate and long-term work of identifying and seizing spaces of democratic practice (occupy!), linking them together in networks of mutual support and recognition (connect!), and drawing on our collective strength to actively create new ways of meeting our needs and making our livings (create!).
Part 1: This Is Our Moment
Part 2: The Name of the Trap is "The Economy"
Part 3: From "The Economy" to Livelihood (principle #1)
Part 5: Beyond "the Market" and "the State" (principle #3)
Part 6: From Necessity to Possibility: Economics as Democratic Organizing (principles #4 and #5)
Part 7: Occupy, Connect, Create!
- 8.5 x 11 size (this one prints out nicely on letter-sized paper)
- Booklet-size (this one is easy to read on a computer screen)
- Ready-to-fold 'zine version (you can print this version and distribute it in your community or at your #occupation!)
Please consider donating to our volunteer-run, collective operation!
Also, see GEO's growing collection of blogs, links and other writing about #Occupy Movement...
Note to readers: the views presented in this special feature on #OWS
are those of the author and, while GEO fully supports the project,
we have not formally endorsed its content as a collective.
A low-volume email list connecting you with our latest issues, articles and special features. Subscribe now!
- 13: The Frank Lindenfeld Memorial
- 12: International Year of the Cooperative
- 11: Lessons for Today from "Black Like Me"
- 10: Occupy! Connect! Create!
- 9: Collective Action: Research, Practice and Theory
- 8: Worker Cooperative Development Models
- 7: The Cooperative Advantage
- 6: Inter-cooperation is Key
- 5: Education For Economic Liberation
- 4: Land, Food, Childcare, Laundry, and a Book
- 3: Worker Cooperative Replication
- 2: Strengthening the Movement
- 1: Grassroots Democracy In Action